Friday, March 16, 2007

The Last Great Race

When I heard that I was going to be able to see the Iditarod in person, I was intriuged. I didn't know much about dogsled racing, and Wes was in a similar position. We just had to go watch the ceremonial start of the race here in Anchorage. The sleds run from downtown and cruise around the city all day before they start the real race outside of town.

There is a big park near the universities in the center of town where Wes and I watched the race without all the crowds.






This is me trying to get a connection to a lady riding with one of the mushers. We tried, but coudn't actually get the high five.





This is a traffic jam on the trail. Even though it was a relaxed race through Anchorage, it definitely showed that some of the teams would not be winning the big race.




Sled dogs are cool. They really aren't as big as I thought they'd be, but they sure cruise right along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home