Friday, March 09, 2007

Perhaps a new calling?

I came up to Alaska with the thought that for at least a season I am called into full-time Christian ministry. However, a new possiblity for the call on my life has arisen. . .





Ice bowling, part of the festivities leading up to the Iditarod, has moved its way on to my list of things I may do with my life. I don't think it is a good sign for my character developmet because the best thing about ice bowling is how delightfully easy it is. The pins on the ice will fall over in a stiff breeze, so they stand little chance against a 16 pound ball thrown from half the usual distance.





Judging by Scott's smooth technique, he is also weighing his chances for a future in ice bowling.




Its difficult to know our actual scores because it was not uncommon to knock over more than 10 pins with a single roll.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool dogs. When you get back to Spokane you should look up Tom Steinback at FBC. He went up last year and helped a friend train for the Iditarod. Good Stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home